MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - 'Like Water' Anderson Silva full documentary

View Single Post

Old 08-31-2012, 03:43 AM   #12 (permalink)
marcthegame
Super Heavyweight

marcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
Dont you think that would have been a common thing to say???

I know alot of people here said that Chael is a joke of a fight and Anderson would submit him whenever he likes.

So personally i dont see anything that stands out about that. Especially if he is talking to NOG his JJ coach.

Il never believe that Anderson would have accepted losing the championship if he does not get a submission win. IF that is what people are trying to get at from this video.

Im sure he went in expecting to Submit Chael (That was his gameplan) since that would have been the best gameplan against Chael. Path of least resistance and all.
But then when he saw "Oh sht i might not be able to submit this guy after all" im sure he would have gone for the KO if he could have to prevent getting a loss and losing the title and money/sponsors.
If you consider all the facts it pretty easy to conclude he was going for the submission. It's likely it took longer than he expected, but he wanted to do it. Facts:
-Chael disrespected Nog's Jujitsu
-Silva is about respect and wanted to submit Chael for Nog
- Says in the documentary he was going to submit him
-Silva walks with his GI and black belt from nog, never does
-Silva submits him and praises Nog's jujitsu at the end.

Then here is where it gets interesting, second fight Silva comes out like he normally does and knocks chael the f*** out.