MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Karate

Thread: Karate
View Single Post

Old 09-02-2012, 08:14 AM   #3 (permalink)
ClydebankBlitz
Super Heavyweight

ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
Wado. I never really wanted to be a karate fighter, as I said I'm into UFC and martial arts movies so points fighting is never going to be my cup of tea. But at the same time, for weeks I've been excited. I would train hard as ****, pulling my punches during "light sparring", and saying to my mate "I can't wait to properly give it my all". It was the same mate I was fighting, and the to a degree I was still holding back the punch power because he's my best mate you know. But I got called for what they called "contact" twice, on half power clean punches, and lost 2-0. It's just crushing to be really excited about something, and then to find out that my sparring matches during training and 100% more like a fight than an actual karate match.

I know it's not a knockout sport. But the way I see it, if you have good technique, the power level shouldnt matter. I'm not using illegal moves like hooks and uppercuts, so if I knock someone out with a jab or a straight then it's all down to their lack of conditioning and I shouldn't be warned over it.

Guess karate just isnt the style for me. I'll keep it up but I'll be looking to move somewhere with a good MMA or Jiu Jitsu gym.

MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner

VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote