MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Shane Carwin vs, Roy Nelson TUF 16 Finale Headliner

View Single Post

Old 09-02-2012, 11:39 AM   #41 (permalink)
John8204
Ultra-weight

John8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellholming View Post
Joe and Manny both fought for a title, I guess they were pretty successful.
On one hand Joe for fought for the title, on the other hand he's third behind Tank Abbott and Tito Ortiz for most loses in the UFC. Manny did fight for a WEC title, he then followed that up going on a three fight losing streak.

I hate to respond to Sideways because at this point he's just trolling or being ignorant because I doubt he even watches UFC fights at this point.

Jonathan Brookins fought Erik Koch right before Koch got his title shot. If you watched the fight he held Koch against the fence and could have gotten the win for controlling him for three rounds.

Alex Carares should be 3-0 at BW if you watched the fights he's been fairly dominant. Herb Dean took 2 points away from him in his only loss at BW, and yet still he likely won all three rounds.

TJ Dillashaw, Ramsey Nijam, and Dennis Bermudez they do have "loses" in the UFC because they lost the tournament finales since then they've been very impressive.

Ofcourse I don't even know why I bother talking to a guy who thought of listing Mike Whitehead and Luke Cummo as "success" and ignored Melvin Guillard, and Matt Hamill.

Ofcourse the talent was better in the earlier seasons. That's not what I'm talking about, your just changing the issue because you are a troll. The talent was better in the early seasons because it was easier to find. Most if it all of the fighters you listed were top talent from smaller organizations.

Forrest Griffin - already beat Sonnen, Fulton, and Monson
Josh Koshcheck - 4 time All-American NCAA champion
Mike Swick - Just fought for the WEC championship
Chris Leben - Just won the WEC championship
Joe Stevenson - KOTC champion
Diego Sanchez - KOTC MW champion

Of course the early seasons had better talent because in the early seasons they put ringers on the show. Now they use the show as a recruitment program to bring 3-4 UFC caliber fighters into the UFC. And because obviously you don't read again

Nobody is saying that the last few seasons are as good as the early ones (though the fights are much better). The issue is that many of you think the program is DEAD and this absurd as 80% of Miller/Bisping guys are still competing and thriving at FW, BW, Flyweight.
John8204 is online now   Reply With Quote