MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - taking another look at the end of chucks reign....

View Single Post

Old 09-03-2012, 03:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
BOMDC
Flyweight

BOMDC is a name known to allBOMDC is a name known to allBOMDC is a name known to allBOMDC is a name known to allBOMDC is a name known to allBOMDC is a name known to allBOMDC is a name known to allBOMDC is a name known to allBOMDC is a name known to allBOMDC is a name known to allBOMDC is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianRClover View Post
Um... yeah, I have nothign else to add... well said

ADDED EDIT TO AVOID DOUBLE POST, in response to LL: I will also say the Shogun, Rampage, and Wanderlie runs in Pride were exciting but incredibly overhyped themselves. Those guys were certainly elite, but the world beaters they were built up to be were clearly exposed when they debuted in the UFC. Yes Rampage took the title, but then lost it to Forrest in a fight he DID lose, Shogun also got defeated by Forrest and you can bitch about bad knees all you want but he lost, and Wanderlie came in and lost to Chuck, so I'm not sure how you can say Chuck was nothing compared to them.

Selective memory here? How can you say Shogun, Wanderlei, and Page's runs were overhyped (incredibly as you put it)? You cite them being exposed in the UFC when it's beyond obvious they were very weathered at that point and beyond their prime. Chuck was on the downward slope as well by now. I think if you remember how Page handled Chuck when he was in his Prime years and note how Shogun and Wanderlei looked at the time, I think it's fair to say that Chuck would have gotten beat by them in their prime. Not guaranteed but it's silly saying Chuck would have absolutely beat them.

P.S. Nobody said Chuck was nothing compared to the Pride guys. Silly logic is silly.
BOMDC is offline   Reply With Quote