Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

The American Gangster Strikes Again - New Tweet Directed at Bones Jones.

16K views 125 replies 50 participants last post by  SideWays222 
#1 ·
#7 ·
No, it's apparently something way more serious than that. People on Sherdog and the UG who know Jon won't even talk about it.

One guy said "If Chael reveals this and Jon gets him in the cage, Jon will kill him." So, Chael must know something real good.

#10 ·
I wish Chael would cease and desist on talking his way into a title fight.

If Machida is no longer #1 contender I wonder if the UFC could be angling for a Jones vs Chael showdown. It might be the biggest fight at 205 and sell the most PPV's.

And Dana White always says the UFC is about making fights the fans want to see.

#19 ·
I'm not going to speculate, just reiterate something.

Jon wrestled at an Iowa community college, and was offered a scholarship at Iowa State. But right afterwards, he found that his girlfriend was pregnant and didn't go. He left college to make money to support his new family. None of that is a secret, I've read it multiple times from SI to MMA websites.

This tease is probably like a Dana White tweet about big news. It'll end up being about something stupid, like leaving a commitment to Iowa State...

Yeah, it's an old applause line politicians use. Your recollection is the way I've always heard it said, but Chael's phrasing still works. I think it was also in one of the Wall Street movies, though I could be mistaken.

#21 ·
Someone said on the ug he has a kid where he and his friends ran a train on a girl and he ended up getting her pregnant.

Dunno if its true but whatever it is its something pretty nasty on Jones' part. No one is revealing it. Rashad most likely knows what chael is talking about which would explain that awkward interview before their fight

#28 ·
Iv been one of the most vocal about my disdain for Jon Jones but if its something really personal then i wish Chael keeps it to himself. I might have to jump of the Chael Train if its something completely distasteful and not funny. Iv done some really messed up things in highschool i am not proud off. And id be extremely upset if it got out to my group off friends. Much less millions and millions of people...

#29 ·
Finally i was waiting for someone to say something like this. Jon maybe a fighter and his name may be out there for everyone to talk about but he also is a human and people make mistakes. Sure he isn't the greatest person out there but the world has way worse people the Jon Jones. If its some really personal stuff keep that stuff out of the news cause that can ruin lives. No need to bring it into media whats the point? Get under a guys skin? whats that going to do? Jon would still wreck him 99 out of 100 fights.

#35 ·
if he and his homies ran a train on some girl and knocked her up, the world deserves to hear about it. especially if Bones has paid to keep her quiet.

his holier than thou attitude is so silly. i'd really like to see how he reacts if something like that comes out.

#36 ·
if he and his homies ran a train on some girl and knocked her up, the world deserves to hear about it. especially if Bones has paid to keep her quiet.

his holier than thou attitude is so silly. i'd really like to see how he reacts if something like that comes out.
And why exactly does the world deserve to hear about it???? That is his business and not yours.

And i doubt Jones had enough money in college to keep anyone quiet.

#50 ·
Someone needs to play Jon Jones a tape of that old interview where he happily admitted to snitching on anyone who did something as frivolous as smoke up. Though I'm sure he's already aware of how self-righteous and obnoxious a hypocrite he truly is.

Great fighter. Absolute waste of skin as a human being.

#51 ·
It's amazing how people have already fabricated group sex, harems, abandoned orphans and weed central in their mind, pointing out Jones' hypocrisy and congratulating themselves on judging him WITHOUT KNOWING A THING. All on a random tweet from a notorious troll. He could be talking about a sandwich left behind for all you guys know, or more likely some random ex-gf he dumped, or absolutely nothing and just some crap he's going to make up.

Looks like the closet racists and nutjobs of the world have finally found a nice scapegoat. You guys are the hypocrites here, not jones, at least until anything actually comes out. Something verifiable and not just chael nonsense.

#54 ·
It's amazing how people have already fabricated group sex, harems, abandoned orphans and weed central in their mind, pointing out Jones' hypocrisy and congratulating themselves on judging him WITHOUT KNOWING A THING. All on a random tweet from a notorious troll. He could be talking about a sandwich left behind for all you guys know, or more likely some random ex-gf he dumped, or absolutely nothing and just some crap he's going to make up.

Looks like the closet racists and nutjobs of the world have finally found a nice scapegoat. You guys are the hypocrites here, not jones, at least until anything actually comes out. Something verifiable and not just chael nonsense.
I agree with your sentiment, but you should have stopped at the first paragraph. Now you've just shot yourself in the foot and the irony will be delicious for everyone you've just accused of being a hypocrite.

#53 ·
don't know where else to put this so I'll bung it here. Thoughts on the recent interview with JBJ:

The fact that he kept saying "Chael won't be remembered in history" struck me as odd. He also repeated "Everything will be forgotten when I beat Vitor Belfort" which I don't think will be the case. Certain things just stay with a fighter whether it is Bisping squirting water or Koscheck bullying Chris Leben. It all reminded me of the interview he did with Rashad Evans when he spoke in a bizarre and grandiose manner about his legacy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxyeoomgeeQ

He comes across as being desperate to be universally liked.

He also dropped his PR guy recently according to Ariel Helwani.

The Jackson camp is attracting a lot of bad press what with the Guida fight and the recent Tate v Kedzie fight where Jackson was shouting loudly from the corner. Is it because they are one of the, if not the, most successful camps at the moment? Or is it because they are nurturing a Mourinho style "us against the world" type mentality?

What we can learn is that mma in general is becoming more politicised which I feel can only be a bad thing. It is becoming a unique situation with Dana and the UFC still having to promote Jones for the Belfort fight compared to the wrestling world where he would be presumably buried.

Not that the things Jones was saying was were wrong per se it was more the fact that he felt the need to defend his position so vehemently. He even said that he should do what GSP does and disappear between fights. Why not start that now instead of seeking a platform to try and clear his name? It seems he is torn as to whether to take that route or not. He kept saying that he was thinking of leaving social media and that most fighters at Jackson Winkeljohn don't check their mentions on twitter. I felt that this shows just how much he cares about the public perception.

Fascinating stuff anyway and it's lead to a stacked card in Toronto.

One more thing, people saying that the ufc 151 card was thin and that traditionally they could bump up the co-main event should take into account the fact that because the proposed main event of Jones v Hendo was such a big draw the rest of the card didn't need to be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.