MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Weidman-Boetsch at UFC 155

View Single Post

Old 09-07-2012, 03:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
ClydebankBlitz
Megaweight

ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
Tim has been winning, so what is UFC to do? They have to move him up the ranks to greater competition. Weidman will expose him for the average fighter he is, but that 's hardly the UFC's fault. Blame Lombard for being such an absolute dink in his debut fight. Simple as.
Weidman is winning, but he's not fighting greater competition? Infact, he's fighting the second most overrated fighter at MW (after himself). Is that the best selling point of this fight? Until he beats someone who could legitimatley make a claim for the title, I don't see why anyone would consider Weidman to be the best contender. He might be beating guys who are high on the ranks, but until he beats someone that might pose some sort of challenge on paper and is a top ranked guy, I don't see why. I think Michael Bisping gives him a hell of a fight, as he's a good stand up fighter and managed to hold off Sonnen's masterclace of wrestling.

MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner
VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote