MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC Career Fighter Earnings

View Single Post

Old 09-07-2012, 04:44 PM   #23 (permalink)
ClydebankBlitz
Super Heavyweight

ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
I hate the "UFC fighters don't get paid enough" bullshit. If someone said to me right this second "I will pay your flights etc. and give you $1000 if you fight Cain Velasquez", I'd take it in a heartbeat. I could get KOed brutally by the dude calling me a wanker outside ot the chip shop, so if I'm cool with taking that risk with nothing but my "grr man pride" on the line, then getting 1k for getting my ass kicked is no issue at all. There dudes make LOADS of money. If a low level guy fights 4 times a year he could be looking at 80k (before expenses) or something, not to mention post fight bonuses. They make the exact amount that they should imo. Mayweather makes loads? He's also refusing to fight Pacquiao at 50/50 because he "makes more money". Do you want to see that in MMA? Mayweather/Pacquiao...Silva/Weidman? If you want money to become a huge drive of fighters in UFC, then theres no way in a billion years Silva would accept the Weidman fight.

MMA fighters are FIGHTERS. Not businessmen. That's why I'm an MMA fan. The Clydebank Blitz is the nickname of a boxing hometown hero Gary McArthur, I grew up watching boxing, I was posting on ESB years before I knew this existed...but because MMA isn't this moneybags operation where people fight with dollar signs in their eyes, it's by far the better sport imo. The second fighters start making 50 million a fight, is the second I start watching XARM.

MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner

VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote