MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Weidman-Boetsch at UFC 155

View Single Post

Old 09-07-2012, 06:58 PM   #12 (permalink)
ClydebankBlitz
Megaweight

ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
We get it, you don't like Weidman, join the club it's called "Anderson Silva's fans" and enough with this non-sense about Boestch, he beat Lombard and more importantly he beat Yushin Okami when he was ranked number three in the world.

This is a good fight between two top five middleweights and the true number 1 and 2 contenders at 185. I'm going with Weidman by sub but you can never count out Boestch.
Why would an Anderson Silva fan dislike Weidman?

The two people I am sick of hearing about are Weidman and Gus, because both are getting skyrocketed into title shots they don't really deserve.

Weidman is a great fighter and might well be the best at the weight, maybe he can beat AS, who knows...but one thing is for sure and it's that Munoz and Boetsch are NOT top tier fighters. Vitor Belfort knocks both of them out in the first round imo. Bisping beats both aswell imo. I don't like having someone put into such a high spot when they haven't earned it. I don't even know where it's coming from. Weidman has been impressive in ONE fight. Beating a bunch of nobodies with alright performances, having a terrible fight against Maia and beating a terrible looking Munoz is literally ALL Weidman has done.

I also don't get why Weidman has the "best style to beat Anderson Silva". I class Sonnen as the UFC's best takedown artist, and he can keep people on the ground better than anyone else too. Weidman doesn't have as good takedowns to me, so he will have to set them up. This means either standing or clinching with Silva, which means he's getting knocked out quite quickly.

I don't dislike Weidman. He's an alright fighter, has never been tested and hasn't faught against someone who IS a test. If he beats someone who is a legit contender (And not someone who beat Okami lol and beat Lombard's shadow).

Belcher is medically cleared before Weidman and Boetsche fight. A training camp is what? 8 weeks or something. Belcher Vs Weidman in January = Weidman's proving ground.

MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner
VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote