MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Ricardo Lamas Accepted Offer To Fight Aldo Before UFC Changed Challenger To Edgar

View Single Post

Old 09-08-2012, 09:42 PM   #29 (permalink)
djripz
MMA Fanatic

djripz has a spectacular aura aboutdjripz has a spectacular aura aboutdjripz has a spectacular aura aboutdjripz has a spectacular aura aboutdjripz has a spectacular aura aboutdjripz has a spectacular aura aboutdjripz has a spectacular aura aboutdjripz has a spectacular aura aboutdjripz has a spectacular aura aboutdjripz has a spectacular aura aboutdjripz has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
This isn't heavyweight. Frankie was a 145er fighting guys with 20-30lb advantages. Is it easy to finish Penn or Bendo? How many people finish them? Not sure what you are talking about.

How about Bendo? His last 6 fights all decisions. He hasn't finished 1 guy in the UFC yet and that trend will continue because he isn't going to finish Nate Diaz. He is one of the bigger LWs out there and fought the smallest LW out there twice and couldn't finish the little guy. What would you call him?
I think Bendo has a good chance against Diaz. Its just the question of what version of Nick Diaz shows up. The one that got his butt kicked and slammed by Rory in Toronto or the one that defeated Jim Miller on Fox. Ask yourself that question before assuming you think Diaz gonna win. Plus Bendo is a very strong and all round complete athlete.

Why are you bring up Bendo in this division? I have specifically stated Edgar hasn't 'earned' the right to fight Aldo.

Its gonna be a boring fight because everybody knows Aldo is going to win and if you wanna bring up Bendo, he just exposed Edgar. Edgar is flat footed when checking kicks. Easy win for Aldo who is notorious for throwing those kicks.

Hell, I think Faber and Edgar would see the same results on any day with Aldo. The similarity between the two, they don't rely on using their feet unless springing around to use their fists or absorb leg kicks. The only thing they got going for them is cardio and heart. Beyond that, I don't think either can bring something different to Aldo.
djripz is offline   Reply With Quote