MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Ricardo Lamas Accepted Offer To Fight Aldo Before UFC Changed Challenger To Edgar

View Single Post

Old 09-08-2012, 08:50 PM   #30 (permalink)
LL
Rough Sex and Banana Pudding

LL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by djripz View Post
I think Bendo has a good chance against Diaz. Its just the question of what version of Nick Diaz shows up. The one that got his butt kicked and slammed by Rory in Toronto or the one that defeated Jim Miller on Fox. Ask yourself that question before assuming you think Diaz gonna win. Plus Bendo is a very strong and all round complete athlete.

Why are you bring up Bendo in this division? I have specifically stated Edgar hasn't 'earned' the right to fight Aldo.

Its gonna be a boring fight because everybody knows Aldo is going to win and if you wanna bring up Bendo, he just exposed Edgar. Edgar is flat footed when checking kicks. Easy win for Aldo who is notorious for throwing those kicks.

Hell, I think Faber and Edgar would see the same results on any day with Aldo. The similarity between the two, they don't rely on using their feet unless springing around to use their fists or absorb leg kicks. The only thing they got going for them is cardio and heart. Beyond that, I don't think either can bring something different to Aldo.
This is Nate not Nick and Rory is a 170 lber, Nate has obviously hit his stride at 155 although I would like to see him fight a composed Cowboy in a rematch. I still think Cowboy could beat him. Regardless, as for the Edgar/Aldo fight, I don't know why this is a "lock" for Aldo, Edgar is by far the best fighter he's ever fought. I'm also unaware of how good Aldo's chin is, Edgar was dropping guys at 155 and I'm interested to see if he can KO guys at 145.
LL is offline   Reply With Quote