MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC Career Fighter Earnings

View Single Post

Old 09-09-2012, 08:03 PM   #30 (permalink)
ClydebankBlitz
Super Heavyweight

ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHKO View Post
Of course you would take the fight. So would I. We have nothing to lose, do we? We get our ass kicked for one night and we get paid. Losing to a MMA fighter such high calibre is nothing to be ashamed about as well. We earn extra income for basically getting whupped.

However, our day job ain't MMA fighting. These people need the money for survival. Their career span is short, and they need to earn as much as possible before retiring/finding a lower pay job. If they take high-risk fights and lose, not only would they drop down ranking wise, their career might soon be in jeopardy and they would find themselves in the lower-paying leagues again. Try thinking from the fighters' perspective.

Mayweather and Pacquiao both made up excuses to not fight each other. They do not want to fight each other, and neither can they be forced to fight each other as boxing has a different organisation structure to that of UFC. However, UFC can make the fighters fight each other. Otherwise, just fire them. I'm sure no UFC fighter wants to be cut, considering the monopoly hold UFC has on the MMA industry. So what is preventing the fighters from earning more money?

I just googled XARM to get a clue what you are talking about. If you are considering watching that over MMA...
Yeah but 1k Vs 20k, and the fact that I'm not a trained fighter who has a chance of winning...it all adds up. Fighting is different from other sports. These people are "fighters". Part of being a fighter is stepping up to all challengers. Fighting was never about money. Sure they needed the pay check but these gguys could earn more completing a business degree and getting a bank job etc. They fight because they are fighters and they enjoy it. When people says that they dont get enough, tell that to Royce Gracie or Ken Shamrock who were fighting for nothing at the start. Royce stepped up because he was a fighter. He didn't have lots of money and didn't have much to gain by winning. He was a trained athlete who wanted to prove himself by taking on all challengers, big or small. It's those funamentals that MMA is based on, so when everyone says "UFC is screwing them out of money" that shouldnt be the issue.

Also, they get LOADS of post fight bonus money. Like, insane amounts. I imagine that the majority of the UFC profits are going towards increasing the venue size and trying to continue expanding the sport to the further mainstream.

It's also unfair to compair the paychecks of Mayweather to UFC, because Mayweather completley smashes UFC in PPV buy rates. UFC has only ever beat Mayweather's second highest buy rates once, so putting the two together is irrelevent for whoever did.

MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner
VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote