MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - GSP & Spider fight not happening anytime soon

View Single Post

Old 09-10-2012, 08:09 PM   #30 (permalink)
jonnyg4508
Ultra-weight

jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLyotoLegion View Post
I don't really care if the fight happens or not, they're not in the same division so it's not anything that I'm all that nuts over, if it happens it happens but if it doesn't, it doesn't. I'd much rather watch them fight people their own size.

But when you constantly bring up Anderson fighting in different weight classes and GSP's never moved up or down, then why doesn't Anderson just go to 170? He's not interested in fighting at 185, that's for sure.
I bring up weight classes because at least Anderson has moved weight. At least he has gone outside of his weight. Penn has also. So it is sort of GSP's turn if anyone is going to move.

Anderson has said he would go to 170. But is that really fair? We want to make the 38 year old cut all the way down to 170 somewhere he hasn't been in close to a decade? Why not make it fair like GSP said at a catchweight? Both would be moving weight.

On a side note, not directed at you, one thing I don't understand is why people compare Bones/Anderson and GSP/Anderson. If the GSP fight happened Anderson would cut down to 180. If the Bones fight happened they would not meet at a weight. Anderson would have to go all the way to 205 while Bones has the luxury of being the bigger man and not having to do anything different. 1 is a catchweight fight. The other is Anderson moving up a full weight class to fight the biggest guy to ever compete in the division...
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote