MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - GSP & Spider fight not happening anytime soon

View Single Post

Old 09-10-2012, 09:16 PM   #36 (permalink)
jonnyg4508
Ultra-weight

jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Psycho View Post
Anderson said he didn't want to fight Jones first. And no one cared or accused him of being scared. GSP doesn't merit that same respect? Okay.

You can be a great fighter without having to go up and down in weight. I don't subscribe to lists. Many people consider Fedor the greatest fighter of all time, and how often did he fight outside of HW? Exactly. I don't believe that moving up and wailing on a couple of cans makes you better than a champion who rules his weight class with an iron fist.

Because your points are ridiculous and don't even enter the conversation. I'm referencing Silva fans having no problem with Anderson refusing to fight Bones, yet calling GSP a scaredy-cat because he doesn't yet want to fight the MW champion. I really don't see where Anderson's moving up and down in weight comes into that discussion. If Silva's knocking out the almighty James Irvine and Forrest Griffin is enough to make you get down on both knees and jerk away, then that's your prerogative.

Because Dana White represents all fans everywhere. No fight should ever be discussed unless Dana okays it or introduces the idea. Bones vs. Anderson isn't on the table because Anderson came right out and said he didn't want it. Jones simply went along with that. Had Anderson said he wanted to mess Jones up, that fight would most definitely 'be on the table'.

lol, yes. People aren't talking about Bones vs. Silva. It's just me. Get your head out of your arse and try paying attention to what other posters have to say, as that fight is talked about often. And what does it matter if Bones also doesn't want the fight? Are you telling me that because Silva wants to fight St. Pierre, Georges should automatically have to accept it? If GSP wants to rule over WW for a little while longer, he's entitled to make that call as WW Champion. Again, there's that double standard. Silva doesn't want to fight Weidman and would instead rather fight a WW, but he's the champion and so that's just fine. Jon Jones doesn't want to fight Sonnen, but will take on Vitor, and hey... it's cool because he's the LHW champion. And champions are allowed to call the shots. Oh, wait... GSP wants to conquer WW, HIS DIVISION, and he's a wuss. Give me a break.

You're not worth debating. You resort to ridiculous retorts that have nothing to do with what I'm saying, and you make baseless assumptions and accusations. Where did I say that I wouldn't pay to watch this fight? I'd love to see St. Pierre test himself against arguably the best ever. I'm simply pointing out the ignorance of people like yourself who label GSP a coward for not wanting to fight Silva right now, while at the same time justifying Silva's obvious dodging of Jon Jones. Oh, but silly me... no one has ever talked about that fight to begin with
Why do you go off on a rant of you can be a great fighter without moving weights? Where did I ever say GSP was not great? I have said he is the 2nd best of all time. What are you babbling about?

The GSP/Anderson fight would be at a catchweight. Both fighters would move weight.

An Anderson/Bones fight would be at 205 Anderson moving up a whole weight class to fight its biggest fighter. They wouldn't be meeting anywhere.

They aren't even the same. 1 would be a title fight. 1 wouldn't. 1 is a catch. 1 isn't.

Silva doesn't get flack for not going up because he is an old man. Who has done it before. Who has stated that is Machida's division and that is why he doesn't fight at 205. That is why Anderson doesn't get any flack or called a pansy.

Anderson has said Jones would win that fight. He says he doesn't want that fight. Why doesn't GSP just say that? Why does he act like he wants to do it but stall out each time? Why not just say "no I don't want to fight Anderson?

Why would Anderson get flack for admitting he would lose to Bones? When he has moved around weights, fought some of the best 170s of that time. Became the best 185er. Has fought at 205. Ask yourself, why would that guy get any flack?

GSP has done none of that and is in his prime. Sorry for giving that golden boy some flack. As if Fedor, Randy, BJ Penn never got flack in their careers?

Anderson Silva has basically called GSP out. He has basically said he is 38 years old and has a few fights left. Lets see who the best is. He is ready. Wish GSP was a little more competitive and wanted to test his skills vs. the best like a BJ Penn.

As a Sonnen fan I figured you would be a little more against guys backing down to a challenge? I guess not though..
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote