MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - GSP & Spider fight not happening anytime soon

View Single Post

Old 09-10-2012, 10:37 PM   #37 (permalink)
LL
Cruz Control

LL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
I bring up weight classes because at least Anderson has moved weight. At least he has gone outside of his weight. Penn has also. So it is sort of GSP's turn if anyone is going to move.

Anderson has said he would go to 170. But is that really fair? We want to make the 38 year old cut all the way down to 170 somewhere he hasn't been in close to a decade? Why not make it fair like GSP said at a catchweight? Both would be moving weight.

On a side note, not directed at you, one thing I don't understand is why people compare Bones/Anderson and GSP/Anderson. If the GSP fight happened Anderson would cut down to 180. If the Bones fight happened they would not meet at a weight. Anderson would have to go all the way to 205 while Bones has the luxury of being the bigger man and not having to do anything different. 1 is a catchweight fight. The other is Anderson moving up a full weight class to fight the biggest guy to ever compete in the division...
That's where we disagree, if you look at BJ's record it's littered with losses and if you just glance at his record you kinda get thrown off and most of those losses are from him fighting guys like GSP, Hughes, Diaz, and even Machida. I don't really think anyone has to "take turns" moving up in weight, that's just me though, there's fights at 185 I like for Anderson, and there's fights at 170 I like for GSP. I'd watch the fight just because, but it's not really something I think would be competitive, I think Anderson would be too big for him just like I think Jones would be too big and too strong for Anderson.

As for the last part, I have no clue how much Anderson cuts, I know Jones cuts from 230, GSP from 195, Bendo from 190, Aldo from 165-170, and Cruz cuts from 160, Anderson's weight is kind of a mystery, he looked good when he weighed in vs. Chael but he's also discussed fights at Heavyweight, unless he pulled a Hendo and chugged water to make 207 then he'd have to weigh more than 205 unless he's dropped weight since he fought Forrest.
LL is offline   Reply With Quote