MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - GSP & Spider fight not happening anytime soon

View Single Post

Old 09-11-2012, 01:17 AM   #40 (permalink)
John8204
Ultra-weight

John8204 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJohn8204 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJohn8204 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJohn8204 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJohn8204 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJohn8204 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJohn8204 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJohn8204 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJohn8204 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJohn8204 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemJohn8204 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
Have you been living under a rock?

How can you make this claim when Anderson has been hunting for this fight since he has beat Sonnen? He has talked about fighting GSP all the time saying he would try to go to 170. Would fight him even if he lost to Condit. Wants to sit out in hopes of fighting GSP early next year?

He is the one who wants the fight bad...
Yeah I don't agree with this at all. Anderson has a guaranteed title shot at 205 or 170 neither of which he is willing to take. Anderson also claims he's ready to fight, as is the number one contender Chris Weidman but he won't take that fight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyg4508 View Post
I'm not saying anyone has to take turns. I'm just saying many of the other bests have moved weight in order to challenge themselves or find the biggest fights. And GSP has not fought a single fight outside of 170lbs. I'd like to see him test himself. There will always be "challengers" at each division. They rise to contender status and lose...then there is another. I'd like to see GSP/Diaz and Silva vs. Weidman or Bisping. But I'd like to see GSP/Silva at a catch weight most of all.
GSP has taken fights with MW's and LW's champions and I think he would face Anderson Silva at his weight class. But to make an exhibition bout and hold up two divisions again just seems wrong. We talk about all the guys got screwed by Jones not fighting on the 1st, what about all the guys in the WW division that have been screwed by not being able to contend for the title.

I've heard a lot of crap about "champions" over the past month. But you know I don't think you are less of a champion if you don't finish guys. I don't think you are less of a champion if you decide you don't want to fight outside your weight class. I don't think you are less of a champion because you don't want to fight any random guy on eight days notice.

I do think you are less of a champion when you are healthy and able to fight and you decide to sit out for six months.
John8204 is offline   Reply With Quote