MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Dana White: "Its part of the business"

View Single Post

Old 09-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
SideWays222
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Mercy View Post
Ironically that same thought crossed my mind mentioned by the OP. It's the business in me that was doing the talking. In reality that would make the entire organization take a step back. The best approach would be to add reasonable clauses as mentioned in my earlier post. Preventive measures are always the best. There's positive and negative reinforcements that can be applied here.

Sign the contract, fight injured or whatever ailment you have and get an automatic bonus OR cancel and the UFC deducts their fight purse. Simple. With nothing at stake fighters will continue to pull out. Again it doesn't have to be too drastic. Just enough to get the point across. The UFC is still in a learning curve.

I just hope Dana has a heart monitor cuz he must deal with some serious stress on a daily basis.
Exactly. The best approach would be to possibly change the package up a bit.

The fighters are obviously taking more risks during training and in doing so costing the UFC alot more money then just the money they spend covering their medical costs. Something should be done about it.

Not to mention that its screwing us fans over.

Just a second ago i read that Vlad Matyushenko got injured during training and needs to pull out.

This is getting ridiculous.
SideWays222 is offline   Reply With Quote