MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Hughes vs Serra

Thread: Hughes vs Serra
View Single Post

Old 09-15-2012, 12:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
bjjforlife1982
MMA Fanatic

bjjforlife1982 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Hughes vs Serra

I'm not the biggest fan of Matt Serra, actually, I think he's his own biggest fan. Can anyone tell me if this interview is serious or not?

Quote:
Back in the late-90s, it was fairly common for states to place a ban on mixed martial arts competitions like the UFC.
As the years passed, and the UFC turned into a legitimate sport, the bans were slowly lifted, and New York and Connecticut are left as the only states that still won't allow MMA events.
Being that I'm a New York resident and lifelong fan of the UFC, the ban on my favorite sport has been tough to deal with over the years. I live down the block from former UFC champ Matt Serra's BJJ training facility, yet I have to go all the way to New Jersey to watch a live UFC event.
Serra's recent comments in a UFC.com interview had me thinking about what a UFC main card at Madison Square Garden would look like.
Matt Serra vs Matt Hughes
"As of right now I have nothing on the radar, and there's nothing planned, and I'm fine with that. But if I could choose my last fight it would be against Matt Hughes at Madison Square Garden," Serra said. "That would be a beautiful thing. He (Hughes) has expressed interest in that fight on Twitter so I was like, 'Let's do this.'"
Serra is absolutely right. A tilt between him and Serra would be a beautiful thing, as a fight between two all-time greats would be interesting for the fans, especially here in New York.
Serra, a former UFC welterweight champ, is easily the most popular New Yorker to ever enter the octagon, and New York fight fans would love to send him off into retirement with a hometown match against one of his all-time greatest rivals, Matt Hughes.
With so many up-and-coming New Yorkers climbing the ranks in the UFC, a main card at Madison Square Garden could easily be filled with other hometown favorites besides Serra.
http://news.yahoo.com/matt-serra-wan...0954--mma.html

The comments are disturbing, LMAO

Last edited by Killz : 09-15-2012 at 04:22 AM. Reason: addition
bjjforlife1982 is offline   Reply With Quote