MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - TUF 16 discussion

View Single Post

Old 09-17-2012, 11:29 AM   #19 (permalink)
The Horticulturist
WIDE OPEN

The Horticulturist Is Beyond A Rankings SystemThe Horticulturist Is Beyond A Rankings SystemThe Horticulturist Is Beyond A Rankings SystemThe Horticulturist Is Beyond A Rankings SystemThe Horticulturist Is Beyond A Rankings SystemThe Horticulturist Is Beyond A Rankings SystemThe Horticulturist Is Beyond A Rankings SystemThe Horticulturist Is Beyond A Rankings SystemThe Horticulturist Is Beyond A Rankings SystemThe Horticulturist Is Beyond A Rankings SystemThe Horticulturist Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
He's a fight fan. He seees two dudes grappling with no damage happening and it annoys him. He wants to see the same exciting fights that we want to see. He's speaking his mind, and if he didn't enjoy the fight and found it boring, then so be it. Should we all have loved Kongo's last fight because it showed an array of grappling skills?
It just doesn't make sense when you look at the history of TUF. Roy Nelson himself fought to win when he felt like he needed to. He ended up winning the whole season and look at the position he's in now. I remember watching a lot of guys having impressive finishes to get into the house and not look so good in the following fights.

I'd assume that could most of those first round finishes from this season can be attributed to the fighters having totally uneven skill levels, but that's just my opinion. I don't think it's so easy to be entertaining once you start to climb the ladder, and we see very few who do it consistently and succeed.

Some guys are wrestlers without a lot of experience. Some guys are grapplers with terrible standup. Why would they risk being knocked out on national television, when they know that getting this win will earn them several more fights on national television?

They aren't even being paid for that fight! (Except for those fan-voted bonuses at the end type deal.)

I should also say that I can sort of see it from Dana's point of view too. He's couped up sitting at that table beside Roy Nelson for a few hours and the rounds probably seem a lot longer than normal.

I just think he is rude.
The Horticulturist is offline   Reply With Quote