MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Jon Jones says he can match Vitor Belforts handspeed

View Single Post

Old 09-18-2012, 05:53 PM   #20 (permalink)
Soojooko
of Nazareth

Soojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF MaterialSoojooko Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxpillowxxjp View Post
I like what bas said last night. The only way vitor can win is by staying on the outside because as soon as he gets inside Jones will clinch.
Exactly. I've heard it said so many times that getting in Jones face is the way forward. It's total nonsense. When your opponent has 84 inches of tentacle he'll scoop you up and trip you before you can even say "In the pocket". Not to mention the fact that half way down his tentacles are these sharp horrible elbow things which are handily perfect for anybody at that range.

All in all, I believe getting close to Jones is far worse then being on the outside. Thats why everybody always ends up out there. At some point they taste the horror of the inside game and spend the rest of the fight as far away from him as possible.

He is a truly horrible fight for just about anybody.
Soojooko is offline   Reply With Quote