Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

'UFC on FOX 5: Henderson vs. Diaz' main card set, tickets on sale Oct. 5

5K views 39 replies 22 participants last post by  noble66666 
#1 ·
http://mmajunkie.com/news/30712/ufc-on-fox-5-henderson-vs-diaz-main-card-set-tickets-on-sale-oct-5.mma

The main card is set for December's UFC on FOX 5 event, which features a championship headliner between lightweight titleholder Benson Henderson (17-2 MMA, 5-0 UFC) and challenger Nate Diaz (16-7 MMA, 11-5 UFC).

The event takes place Dec. 8 at Seattle's KeyArena, and tickets go on sale Oct. 5.

UFC on FOX 5 is the final FOX-televised event of 2012, and the main card features four fights in all.

Also slated for the main card, which follows prelims on FUEL TV, are light heavyweights Mauricio "Shogun" Rua (21-6 MMA, 5-4 UFC) vs. Alexander Gustafsson (14-1 MMA, 6-1 UFC), welterweights B.J. Penn (16-8-2 MMA, 12-7-2 UFC) vs. Rory MacDonald (13-1 MMA, 4-1 UFC), and welterweights Mike Swick (15-4 MMA, 10-3 UFC) vs. Matt Brown (15-11 MMA, 8-5 UFC).

"The fans in Seattle are amazing, and I love holding events there," UFC President Dana White stated. "Well, on Dec. 8 we are bringing them an absolutely stacked card.

"Not only do we have the UFC lightweight title fight between Benson Henderson and Nate Diaz, but also 'Shogun' vs. Gustafsson, B.J. Penn vs. Rory MacDonald, and Mike Swick vs. Matt Brown. This is an incredible card for the fans in Seattle."

Tickets, which range from $50 to $300, go on sale to the general public on Oct. 5 at 1 p.m. ET (10 a.m. PT local time). However, UFC Fight Club members can purchase tickets on Oct. 3 at 1 p.m. ET, and UFC.com e-newsletter subscribers can buy tickets on Oct. 4 at 1 p.m. ET.

The full UFC on FOX 4 card includes:

MAIN CARD (FOX, 8 p.m. ET)

Champ Benson Henderson vs. Nate Diaz (for lightweight title)
Alexander Gustafsson vs. Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
Rory MacDonald vs. B.J. Penn
Matt Brown vs. Mike Swick

PRELIMINARY CARD (FUEL TV, 5 p.m. ET)

Lavar Johnson vs. Brendan Schaub
Dennis Siver vs. Ediie Yagin
Mike Chiesa vs. Rafaello Oliveira
John Albert vs. Scott Jorgensen
Ramsey Nijem vs. Joe Proctor
Daron Cruickshank vs. Henry Martinez
Tim Means vs. Abel Trujillo

For more on UFC on FOX 5, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.
Well i hope Diaz gets his ass handed to him.

#6 ·
Well his last fight didn't earn him many fans - even though he cannot be blamed for the decision :p The hate should go to the judges ;)

Also he gets a lot of flak for his religious comments post-fight :p

I still enjoy watching him fight though, he's very exciting when pushed :)

#8 ·
Wicked card, I think Diaz is taking a belt back to Stockton.

Rua vs Gustaf is a tough pick, I'm leaning toward the young destroyer but despite the way Shogun fights lately, he still has the skin of a tank and hits like a train. After the Vera fight he said he was disappointed and should be fitter during fights... This could be a classic.

And why isn't Siver vs Yagin on the main card?

#9 ·
In honor of my boy Bendo, much love to my brother in christ.

*On my knees*... Heavenly father, thank you for this amazing card. I pray that all involved have a healthy camp and come out ready and prepared to put on a good show. Please bind any injuries from this card...LET THE PEOPLE SAY...AMEN!!!!

Reactions: MLD
#13 ·
Can't believe I'm actually saying this but.....

WAR DIAZ!

I can't believe I'd ever root for a Diaz bro to hand someone there ass but that day has come, I can't stand Ben Henderson and I really hope Nate owns him and then stops him in brutal fashion.

I like the Shogun/Gus fight but Shogun looked bad in the Vera fight, Gus may only have a 76 inch reach with the arms but his legs are pretty long and I think he'll mix it up and beat Shogun up. Shogun could always stop him though.

And I can't wait to see BJ back, I hope he stomps Rory but 170 isn't his ideal weight.

Don't know why Swick/Brown is on the card, I'm happy Swick got over his injuries/illness but this guy isn't a contender at 170 and neither is Brown. Siver/Yagin and even Johnson/Schaub would have been a better fight but I guess it'll be entertaining and the main three fights are sick anyway.

#17 ·
Already prayed to keep injuries away...so this one is protected. :thumb02:

#19 ·
I want Diaz to mentally break Bendo like he did Cerrone and pulp his face for 5 rounds. That moment when Diaz flipped Cowboy off and the look in Cowboy's eyes when he did it... I want to see that look in Bendo's eyes.

Then Diaz will scream, 'where's your God now, bitch? WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW!!!!!???'

Actually, he probably will say something like that, it's gunna be awesome.

I hope BJ destroys R-Mac too, but... I dunno about that one. So long as he doesn't get rag dolled.

#20 ·
I want Diaz to mentally break Bendo like he did Cerrone and pulp his face for 5 rounds. That moment when Diaz flipped Cowboy off and the look in Cowboy's eyes when he did it... I want to see that look in Bendo's eyes.

Then Diaz will scream, 'where's your God now, bitch? WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW!!!!!???'
If that happened, I would soil my knickers right there and then... but it wont... but if it did? Oh man.:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.