MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Michael Bisping the only choice for Anderson Silva?
View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-23-2012, 03:17 PM
Pissping is the logical choice for the next title shot. But.., that's because of sheer name value. He's only on a 1 fight win streak, so if you were to actually put weight in recent win/loss, he's not even close to deserving a shot.

Weidmann has looked impressive 1 time against a top 5'er, so he's undeserving. Hell, I saw an interview sometime ago where he said fighters shouldn't be able to talk their way into a championship. Yet, he talks and now everybody assumes he's the number 1 contender? He's not.

Boetsch has been on a run, but has only been impressive 1 or 2 times. Plus, although I like him, I think he's overrated and hasn't looked overly good against top guys, or even middle of the pack guys.

When it comes to actually deserving a shot, I'd say Alan Belcher takes the top spot hands down. He's on a 4 fight win streak. All against top 10, a couple arguable top 5, at the time, and he's been in and around the top for a long time. If not for injuries, he'd probably already have had a shot.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome