MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Michael Bisping the only choice for Anderson Silva?

View Single Post

Old 09-23-2012, 03:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
duckyou666
Flyweight

duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666 duckyou666
Pissping is the logical choice for the next title shot. But.., that's because of sheer name value. He's only on a 1 fight win streak, so if you were to actually put weight in recent win/loss, he's not even close to deserving a shot.

Weidmann has looked impressive 1 time against a top 5'er, so he's undeserving. Hell, I saw an interview sometime ago where he said fighters shouldn't be able to talk their way into a championship. Yet, he talks and now everybody assumes he's the number 1 contender? He's not.

Boetsch has been on a run, but has only been impressive 1 or 2 times. Plus, although I like him, I think he's overrated and hasn't looked overly good against top guys, or even middle of the pack guys.

When it comes to actually deserving a shot, I'd say Alan Belcher takes the top spot hands down. He's on a 4 fight win streak. All against top 10, a couple arguable top 5, at the time, and he's been in and around the top for a long time. If not for injuries, he'd probably already have had a shot.
duckyou666 is offline   Reply With Quote