MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - What did you think of Joseph Benadivez/Demitrious Johnson? POLL INCLUDED

View Single Post

Old 09-24-2012, 11:42 AM   #107 (permalink)
ClydebankBlitz
Super Heavyweight

ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawndo View Post
I thought it was amazing. Definiite FOTY contender for me. I am amazed people didn't enjoy it - I can only rationalize it as people who didn't enjoy it want to see big giants with no tekkers just flatten each other with big hits and have no appreciation for straight up amazing technique and footwork. Same as Diaz v Condit I loved it.
Diaz and Condit had MUCH less technique and footwork. It was Condit running backwards and throwing small attacks with weak intentions, and Diaz using know knowledge and marching forward as Condit easily avoided it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killz View Post
Ah, I cant agree with that. In my opinion the lightweight division is probably one of the most popular divisions.
Agreed. You have Diaz, who has a massive following. You have Bendo with a decent amount of fans, and everyone who isnt a fan is probably an Edgar fan. You've got Cerrone who is an animal, Gray Maynard who people would pay to see, Jim Miller is a solid mid carder. The LW division is by far the most popular, it just doesnt have a dominant figurehead to command it. Bendo is a very beatable opponent, while otherwise you have guys like Cruz, Aldo, GSP, Silva, Jones and JDS, all of which really are at the top of the pile.

If Diaz wins the LW title, I have a feeling that we will see it completley blow up as he too is beatable but almost guarentees a FOTN every time he steps out.

MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner

VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote