MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Honest question why have UFC fans not taken to

View Single Post

Old 09-24-2012, 05:42 PM   #43 (permalink)
zath the champ
Flyweight

zath the champ is a glorious beacon of lightzath the champ is a glorious beacon of lightzath the champ is a glorious beacon of lightzath the champ is a glorious beacon of lightzath the champ is a glorious beacon of lightzath the champ is a glorious beacon of lightzath the champ is a glorious beacon of lightzath the champ is a glorious beacon of lightzath the champ is a glorious beacon of lightzath the champ is a glorious beacon of lightzath the champ is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budhisten View Post
While I do enjoy his fights - Jones has drawn a lot of negative attention to himself lately, starting with his DUI and ending with the cancellation of UFC 151 (Not saying he's solely to blame, but he was a part of the whole deal)

Hendo, btw I'm a big fan of his, people seem to dislike and the resentment is slightly misplaced in my view. He won the first fight with Edgar pretty convinsingly IMO, and the second fight was very, very close. People seem to dislike him because there's an argument that he lost the second fight, but they forget that the judges score the fights, not the fighters themselves, hence the misplaced recentment.

As for Mighty Mouse, who hasn't taken to him? I know some people didn't enjoy last night's fight and some did (Me included) - but I still think he's well liked by most MMA-fans.

I'm with you here.

Jones- has brought most of the backlash on himself. Deactivate the twitter account Bones!! That, and the whole turning down a fight fiasco; that's just a personal dislike of mine. I do not think it captures what attracted many of the "hardcore" fans to the sport.

Henderson - doesn't seem to get much hate - the most annoying thing I see in him is the spiritual angle. That is another personal dislike, but I love to watch him fight.

Johnson - One fight, spectacular or terrible is not enough to gauge the average fan base. It was for a title and ate a co-main event spot on a less than stellar (promotionally speaking) card. Once the division gets more depth and more exposure, it will likely pick up.
Wandy
Velasquez

Anderson Silva vs. Jon Jones is the best match-up the UFC has ever been able to arrange. Here's to hoping it goes down.
zath the champ is offline   Reply With Quote