MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Honest question why have UFC fans not taken to

View Single Post

Old 09-24-2012, 09:46 PM   #63 (permalink)
Canadian Psycho
You're Welcome.

Canadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF MaterialCanadian Psycho Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
In which way? It's disliking a guy for his personal life.

The majority of people would see cheating as worse than drunk driving anyways.
By your logic, I should heap praise on Michael Vick for being such a tremendous football player, despite the fact that he hangs and drowns dogs in his spare time. And don't forget Chris Benoit and OJ Simpson, who murdered their families. They were so good at their respective crafts that I can overlook that minor detail. Saying 'I have less respect than others for Jon Jones the man' isn't the same as saying 'I have no respect for Jon Jones the fighter'. It's really not complicated.

And I disagree with your latter statement, though I'd not be surprised if a fair few did agree with you. Both are pretty sorry acts, but there's a difference between cheating on your spouse and putting yourself in a position to commit manslaughter. That there's even a dispute as to which is worse is a sorry sign of the times.
Canadian Psycho is offline   Reply With Quote