Votes: 0 0.0%

***OFFICIAL*** Stefan Struve vs. Stipe Miocic Thread

6K views 95 replies 38 participants last post by  Sports_Nerd 
#1 · (Edited)
Heavyweight bout: 265 pounds
Main event: Five round fight

See less See more
#4 ·
Stipe should have this. His wrestling is good enough to stop Struve from taking him down, and I see him outstriking Struve to either a TKO victory or a decision.

#9 ·
Something we can agree on. Struve is a durable fighter who has one of the most inconsistent records. Unlike the LHW who's extremely talented Struve is one of those blue collar fighters who keeps marching forward even though he gets knocked down.

I don't think Stipe is experienced enough, but yes I can see him using his wrestling to GNP. However Struve is no slouch on the ground.

Going for Struve, but I would not bet on this fight.

#11 ·
Everyone has officially lost there mind, outside of a flash KO, Struve is winning this fight, 9/10 Its Struve via just being better.

#12 ·
I don't have any faith in the guy; he fights stupidly. His BJJ is his best asset and he barely ever tries to use it. Based on the skills they possess I would agree with you he is the better fighter and should win this fight. You just know he is going to try and turn it into some wild brawl for no reason though.

#16 ·
I think Struve having a bad chin is a myth. Let's have a look at who KO'd him: JDS, Nelson and Browne. Three massive power punchers. Most people would get knocked out if they caught a punch from one of these three.

I don't see how anyone can see a Miocic win here. He's not fought anyone nearly as good as Struve. Plus look at Struve's record against people with unbeaten records.

Miocic's only hope is a submission.

#19 ·
Ive got Stipe Miocic all the way on this, Stipe can keep it standing if Struve tries to take him down and im going with Stipe to TKo him.

Stipe Miocic TKO

#20 ·
It's amazing how often Struve finds a way to win.

I see Miocic beating Struve around the octagon, getting knocked down a couple of times, getting taken down a couple of times, then locking in a triagle choke from the bottom.

IMO, Struve comes out of the fight his usually bloody mess, but also with his hand raised.
This is indeed a pretty significant step up for Stipe.

#29 ·
Don't trust Struve's chin but I've never seen Stipe in trouble on the ground.

I'll go with Stipe by brutal stoppage though, since Struve usually goes in amazing fashion.

#33 ·
I like Struve but I don't see how he wins this other than a freak sub.

Miocic is going to batter him and finish via a nasty t(ko)

:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.