MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - What game(s) are you playing?

View Single Post

Old 09-26-2012, 09:08 PM   #1697 (permalink)
M.C
Filthy Casuals

M.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
The game isn't balanced, it's a mess. The guns, kill streaks, maps, from an objective stand point they are all poor and randomised game mechanics. It caters to casual gamers, hence it's popularity.

If it was skilled and balanced then cod would should be a major e-sports title but it isn't. No one plays the game competitively because from a skill full perspective it's trash.

My problem with this is that now every single developer out there wants to create a cod clone and it has completely ruined the market. Some of us gamers like a challenge online. We like our fps games fair, balanced and rewarding, cod is neither.

I just despise the fact that every online fps released nowadays is some pathetic call of duty clone, developers just looking to make a quick buck instead of designing some thing original and innovative.
So, what you are saying is that people who don't have (or don't even care about) the skill required to play Quake are the ones playing COD, and that from a purely competitive/skill based perspective of gamers who have a lot of gaming skill, the game isn't designed well for them? I never disagreed.

However, for the millions of people who couldn't care less about Quake and its elitist players, it's perfectly balanced, thus fun and enjoyable. For players who are trying to just have fun, there's nothing wrong with the game in general, obviously. So there's some big kill streak rewards that everybody can earn, so what? So there's some helicopter action that everybody can get, so what? It's all about fun in regards to any game, or it should be.

If you are arguing that there are too many COD clones, I'd agree. I would love to see more innovation in the genre, but that doesn't mean I'd love to see more Quake games, hardly, I find Quake to be boring at best, but I'd love to see more Portal/Half-Life style FPS games that innovate/make things interesting.

“Anna, my strong, terrifying Anna.” -Cas
"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me" -Elodin
M.C is offline   Reply With Quote