MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Jon Jones: Most Overrated Run in MMA History

View Single Post

Old 09-26-2012, 10:57 PM   #29 (permalink)
No_Mercy
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!

No_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF Material
At this point the interesting part of the game is figuring out who has what it takes. Vitor came the closest...nobody would have thought that about Vitor. We were all expecting a TKO one way or another.

Majority of his fights he inflicts the most damage on the ground. That's why I think Cormier with Olympic caliber wrestling poses the most interesting challenge.

Can he KO opponents standing. Most likely yes, but ironically we havn't seen it yet as majority end on the ground. Against Cormier he would have to keep his distance. The clinch game, grappling, wrestling all goes to Cormier which automatically negates a big part of the LHW title holder's game.

At this point Hendo, Gustaf/Shogun/Machida are all formalities. I believe with Mir out of the Cormier fight and Cain imo will edge out a decision against JDS even though I went with JDS a very long time ago. The stars are aligned for Cormier (SF HW GRAND PRIX WINNER) to take on the LHW champ.

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.