MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - What game(s) are you playing?

View Single Post

Old 09-27-2012, 08:35 AM   #1709 (permalink)
Leed
Middleweight

Leed Is Destined For GreatnessLeed Is Destined For GreatnessLeed Is Destined For GreatnessLeed Is Destined For GreatnessLeed Is Destined For GreatnessLeed Is Destined For GreatnessLeed Is Destined For GreatnessLeed Is Destined For GreatnessLeed Is Destined For GreatnessLeed Is Destined For GreatnessLeed Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
Addressing the last part of your post about getting demolished by veterans of the game - that is definitely a problem with games like CS, but there is a very simple solution, and I'm not sure why developers haven't solved the issue.

All it takes is a working ranking/matchmaking system to ensure that all players are being matched up against similar tiered players. That way, the casual gamers get to compete against the casuals and the upper tier players play against each other. Every one is having fun, and no one should be getting stomped on by players not on their level. This is definitely a reason which hurts the popularity of the game and developers need to look into creating solid ranking/matchamking systems.

I'd bet you though, if you played CS right now against players on your skill level, or with a bunch of your friends, you'd have just as much fun, if not more fun than call of duty. A lot of it does come down to the level of competition you're facing, no one likes getting destroyed by players with lots of time on their hands.

A good point, but imo, in a game like CS it wouldn't work as good as in CoD. When I did play CS back in the day, the things I liked about it was the servers. I bet you and some of your buddies had a server you played on all the time and so did I. And with time you get used to playing there, because the people you play with pretty much stay the same. It was like playing with a bunch of friends. Match-making takes that away. Though who knows, it's been a while since I played it, maybe the community has changed.

And sure, I'm not even denying I would have fun if I played CS now. Hell, that was the game I grew up with pretty much. Still, it's a game where the better you get at, the more competitive and fun it is.
Leed is offline   Reply With Quote