MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Machida wants GSP

View Single Post

Old 09-28-2012, 10:12 AM   #45 (permalink)
Big_Charm
Bantamweight

Big_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He CrossesBig_Charm Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
People will never agree on the whole moving up thing. Some people hate on GSP for not moving up but others refer to guys like BJ Penn and Randy Couture's mixed results as a way to deny the credibility of there legacies. Seems like you can't be great if you don't move up and fight the best but you can't be great if you do and lose? Hell BJ and Randy moved up and won UFC gold and that wasn't enough in some people's minds to offset there losses. Damned if you do, Damned if you don't.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

GSP is and will always be the most dominant WW ever until a guy similar to JJ comes in (new breed).

I hate it when people want a great fighter to move up, and when they do (and lose) they moan about how their stock went down, not the same fighter, etc etc.

I give all the credit in the world to BJ for facing Machida back in the day, it was a very close fight

Fedor-Shogun-Overeem-Cro Cop-Silva-Gomi-Henderson-Jackson

2014 NPFFL

Jon Jones . Travis Browne . Demian Maia. Cain Velasquez. Fabricio Werdum
Big_Charm is offline   Reply With Quote