MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Matt Wiman Sponsor?

View Single Post

Old 09-30-2012, 04:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
TraMaI
"I <3 Trolls"

TraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings SystemTraMaI Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
He took the fight on rather short notice. Maybe didn't have time to get anything together. Or the Ufc might be his sponsor.

Sent from my Desire HD using VerticalSports.Com App
Could be this. From what I understand, agents get you sponsors in the months leading up to the fights. You don't have static sponsors, per say. You have to contact the sponsors before every fight and make sure that they want to sponsor your fighter. That being said, if someone sponsored a fighter before there's a good chance they will again, but it's not a given so you have to work out a deal every time. This works to the fighter's advantage as well, as after a big win he can get significantly more money for the same sponsorship.
TraMaI is offline   Reply With Quote