MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Lyoto Machida: "Jon Jones Has Big Holes in His Game"

View Single Post

Old 09-30-2012, 04:57 PM   #20 (permalink)
ClydebankBlitz
Heavyweight

ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckyou666 View Post
Yeah Lyoto, Bones getting caught in an unforeseen sub from a guy who has never shown an interest in being a submission artist is a HUGE HOLE! Or, it was a fluke that nobody could have expected?
Vitor pulled guard so it was pretty obvious he was going to go for a sub. Jones engaged and got caught. That's a pretty big hole and against a better submissionist he might not have been able to avoid it as well. Vitor also didnt continue the attacks. He tried to "hide" the sub instead of threatening with it and thats why he got beat so badly. Against a high level submission fighter Jones probably would have got caught again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium View Post
He doesn't have subpar takedown defense he has above average takedown defense. Chael is basically the only guy who got at least half of his shots on Andy almost everyone else only got him down off of flying knees. Okami, Maia, and Marquardt all had a lot of trouble getting him to the ground.
I disagree. To me, everyone who's really went for a takedown on him got it. Lutter and Hendo didnt have any issues getting him down there. Anderson only showed decent TDD in the second round of the Sonnen fight to me.

This is like his submission game to me. If you say Anderson has a weakness, someone is quick to jump up and say he doesnt. Anderson has pretty weak TDD and isn't great off his back. He's still the greatest of all time.

MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner

VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote