MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Rashad Evans turned down UFC 153 fight with Glover Teixeira due to short notice

View Single Post

Old 10-01-2012, 02:21 PM   #24 (permalink)
MagiK11
Resident Drunk

MagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports_Nerd View Post
Fighters should stay in shape because that's their job. Preparing for a fight means just that, preparing for a specific opponent, not getting your goddamn cardio back to where it's supposed to be.

And Jones being the champ just means he had more to lose. DURRR.
I hate to disagree but I do. All other sports have an off season, so the atheletes don't burn themselves out by over training. Obviously it isn't the only reason for the off season but it must be part of the reason. So you can't really excpet UFC fighters to train hard all year round to make sure their cardio is always in peak fighting form.

I for sure don't hold any fighter to those standards, because I understand how grueling it would be to always be in fighting shape all the time, and if that was the norm, I would guess their collective careers would be shorter due to injuries and simply buring out.

Also, I have no problem with Evans turning down the fight. Once a fighter has put in his dues, and been a company man and fought over 10 times I think they deserve the priviledge of being able toopt out of fights without backlash from their company. He earned that right in my opinion.

Also I don't like when Dana and company try to talk crap about a fighter for not taking a fight, the way Dana did regarding "meat head- forgot how to spelling his last name lol". They should keep their f*&%$#g mouth's shut because they don't know what's going on in the fighter's life. It just pisses me off when they talk crap.

1. BJ "The Prodigy" Penn
2. Dan "Hollywood" Henderson
3. George "Rush" St Pierre
MagiK11 is offline   Reply With Quote