MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Lyoto Machida: "Jon Jones Has Big Holes in His Game"

View Single Post

Old 10-01-2012, 07:23 PM   #48 (permalink)
ClydebankBlitz
Heavyweight

ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
I thought Machida won the round, and I dont really think Machida ever "dominates2 against an intelligent striker like Jones. Machida on his best, is 100% counter punching, so if his opponent isn't wilding swinging then it's up for grabs.

Jones adapted and overcame in the second round, and Machida (who to me hadent been focused since he won the title) decides to come forward with rapid karate punches instead of hanging back for the counter. Jones was catching him well and then landed a good shot. Machida wasnt in mass trouble like people put across, but Jones locked in an awesome guillotine to make it an irrelevent point. I don't think it was dominant for Jones like some people say, but it showed great adaptibility in him and showed that Machida needed to refocus big style and keep to his original gameplan (which I believe he has now based on the Bader fight).

MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner

VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote