MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Matt Mitrione talks about why he turned down fight with Daniel Cormier

View Single Post

Old 10-02-2012, 02:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
SideWays222
All Around Nice Guy

SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Stephie Daniels: Does the fact that this fight would have been in Strikeforce, which is noticeably deteriorating at a rapid rate, have anything to do with your choice to not fight Cormier?

Matt Mitrione: Not at all, if I thought I was ready for Cormier, I would fight him in Strikeforce or the UFC, or wherever.

Stephie Daniels: If Cormier had already been in the UFC, thus making this a higher profile fight, would you have been more inclined to take the fight?

Matt Mitrione: Whether this fight was in the UFC or Strikeforce makes no difference to me. I turned down Cormier the fighter, not the fight organization.
Lol.

This is the type of reporter that you are just like "No dude wtf! I just told you that isnt the case!"
SideWays222 is offline   Reply With Quote