MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Charlie Brennenman released by UFC

View Single Post

Old 10-02-2012, 05:31 PM   #17 (permalink)
Roflcopter
Kneel Before Christ!

Roflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By AllRoflcopter Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
Where did I ever say high level? I said college frat boy wrestlers.

Ellenberger and Hendricks are virtually the exact same fighter lulz. Two college boy wrestlers with limited boxing technique throwing hay-makers.

You could throw Koscheck in there too, but at least Josh has some flair and charisma at least.
Your ability to even process what you are watching is comical.

Typical Tapout shirt wearing obnoxious bar goer who claims to be a "UFC fan".

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
No, there are plenty of wrestlers I have admiration for. I'm a Cain Velasquez fan, when that guy wrestles, he also ****s you up on the ground. Jon Jones, Daniel Cormier, Randy Couture back in the day, Tito Ortiz, Benson Henderson, Dan Henderson.... I could go on. I'm a fan of all of those guys, and they are all wrestlers. The difference is they have character, flair, they all have their own unique traits which make them stand out as an MMA fighter.

Jon Jones with his sick trips and vicious elbows. Velasquez with his relentless, ruthless ground and pound, Ortiz with his elbows and GNP from the guard position, Randy's legendary clinch work and dirty boxing. They all have character, they all have flair.

I'm just sick to death of these faceless, bland wrestle-boxers jumping straight from college because MMA is the cool thing to do for youngsters thinking they're going to be champion some day. They have nothing that makes them stand out, nothing for me to root for, they're boring, generic and seem to be over populating the UFC roster. I'm just tired of them.
Except Randy Couture is nothing more than an early version of say...Mike Pierce, and Ortiz an early version of MANY current fighters.

If you are talking about Jon Jones and Cain Velasquez, they are probably different because they happen to be elite fighters.

Carlos Condit hardly has any unique skills, yet you act like he's some kind of Godsend for MMA.

Same with Erick Silva.

Wow! A really fast aggressive guy with good kicking technique, never seen this before!!