MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Is Kenny Florian the best UFC commentator at the moment?

View Single Post

Old 10-02-2012, 07:18 PM   #49 (permalink)
RedRocket44
Bantamweight

RedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level nowRedRocket44 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitOrGetHit View Post
Those are to entirely different things. The worst part about fighters being judges is that they will be biased towards whatever their discipline was. That isn't so much a problem when it comes to commentating as it would be for scoring fights.

Sent from my iPad using VerticalSports
Still -- he was saying Kenflo is better than Rogan/Goldie simply because Kenflo was a fighter. That's total BS to me.

That's like saying somebody can't be a good coach/manager/GM because they never played at a professional level. There are many examples of coaches/managers/etc that never played their sport past highschool/college level, yet have had success in the big leagues.

I haven't listened to Kenflo announce in some time, but I couldn't stand him when I did. Love the guy, but the difference between Rogan/Goldie and Kenflo/Anik was night and day.
RedRocket44 is offline   Reply With Quote