Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Rory Mac looking huge. Feuds with BJ on twitter.

11K views 95 replies 47 participants last post by  kc1983 
#1 ·
Rory:
200lbs and @bjpenndotcom thinks i care if hes in shape for the fight or not #newgenerationmindset

Penn:
Great!!! I frekin love knocking out 200 pounders

Rory:
Do u meen knockin back quarter pounders? Who r u kidding, certainly not yourself ?

Penn:
Quarter pounders?? Really pimple boy? I won't even RNC you... afraid of all the pimples on your back. #GROSS

Rory:
I didnt think it was possible but somehow u made yourself even less of a threat.
LMAO XD

#49 ·
Another talented young fighter with no respect. I understand the marketing side of it but when you're fighting a legend, not cool.

You don 't see Gustaf tweeting shit like this to Shogun. Rory is a great fighter but this coupled with the steroid questions surrounding him is not cool, I hope he's not roiding and I hope he shows Penn some respect after he defeats him.

#50 ·
I just rewatched the fight. The first two rounds were fairly close. Rory's wrestling made the difference.

Third round was complete domination by Rory. As far as Nate "getting right back up". Rory was letting him do that so he could suplex him. Rory didn't try to put any weight on his back every time he stood up so he could rag doll him.

At no point did Nate come close to out wrestling Rory either. The first round Nate almost hit a switch and Rory immediately hit his own to get part of Nate's back. That was about as close as Nate came to winning any grappling exchanges in 15 minutes. Not something to brag about.

#51 ·
BJ has shown Rory nothing but disrespect. Read all of his interviews and tweets. He's constantly knocking the kid. Why should Rory show respect to someone who clearly doesn't respect him?

And so what if Rory supposedly had minor issues with Nate Diaz early in the fight? This is the same Diaz we now all champion. That and BJ Penn isn't Nate Diaz. Penn is tired and done. I'll sig bet to that.

#54 ·
Rory probably took that photo ten times until he found the perfect pose where he looked at big as possible. Easy to make your shoulders look like that if you tense em in a certain way. He doesn't look THAT big to me for a pro fighter. Compared to BJ anyone looks in fantastic shape.
Can't wait for this fight, BJ is really gona have to bring more then he's ever brought to win this!

#68 · (Edited)
BJ's problem has always been that he lives in hawaii surrounded by yes men. It's impossible to be your best when you don't have training partners that push you and even more so when you live in a paradise where your family is already loaded.

Guys like GSP had 3 jobs and train every second they can just to survive, BJ never had those problems. He smokes pot and eats mcdonald's all the time while screwing around on the beach. The body is a chemical reaction and the balance just isn't there for BJ to be his best, he has the most raw talent of anyone I've ever seen, but that's only half the battle. Take away BJ's money, plop him in the middle of Canada in a gym with a bunch of contenders and he'd be wrecking people again. Rory Mac is going to retire BJ Penn just like Overeem retired Lesnar. One solid ass kicking by a big hungry contender will make him reconsider his career.

#69 ·
Dear Rory I am torn in the advice to give you here as I find you entertaining but it is not in your best interest to talk shit to BJ Penn. Lets be honest it usually does not work out well for those who motivate him. As a BJ fan though I am excited as **** that he is talking smack cause that seems to motivate BJ. And he isn't like Diaz who only started talking smack 2 days before the fight cause he knew what I am talking about.

#78 ·
1) Any talk of steroids is entirely speculative and nothing more. What I can't believe is that some here find it so difficult to fathom that a person's physique could change as Rory's has from the age of 18 to 23. Especially when that person is training on a daily basis. Do people honestly believe that it's impossible to put on muscle over a period of 5+ years?

2) How is Rory a brat? Firing back at someone who has accused both him and his mentor (GSP) of being on steroids doesn't make him a brat. BJ called out Rory after he was injured and essentially accused him of dodging the fight as well as the necessary tests. When you make it your business to call someone a fake, I don't see why that individual should show you any respect in return. Rory wanted to fight BJ to test himself against a legend. BJ was the one who initiated the shit talk, as per the usual.

3) BJ rarely, if ever, shows up in fight shape. That and he literally called it quits in his fight with GSP. How that makes him a 'fighter's fighter' is beyond me. Fighters show up in state that will allow them to actually, you know, fight. BJ doesn't.

#79 ·
I know BJ will probably lose this fight but still it is hard to not root for him in it. BJ is a man a true fighter in my opinion. He is a light weight and has no problem fighting much bigger tough as hell opponents!! It would be awesome to see a lightweight knock out a 200 pounder :thumb02: I DO wish he would drop back down to 155 though. Nate Diaz/Penn fight would be fun:thumbsup:

#89 ·
Anyone think Rory got this big jump in name so that they can try to rush him to the top in hope of forcing gsp to middleweight.

Sent from my Desire HD using VerticalSports.Com App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.