• Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

***OFFICIAL*** Jake Ellenberger vs. Jay Hieron Thread

2K views 23 replies 19 participants last post by  dsmjrv 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Welterweight bout: 170 pounds

See less See more
#8 ·
Hieron is consitently underrated and has spent the majority of his career trying to get back to this moment. He won't let it go easy. Expect to see the best Jay Heiron we have seen, I believe it will be enough.

#10 ·
Hieron is as average as it gets.

Ellenberger was pretty cautious.

Hieron seemed content with throwing jabs and faints in the 3rd. Seems like he was happy to make it the distance.

Poor performance from a guy who got his 2nd chance by the UFC and actually got a well ranked guy right away.

#14 ·
I just get disappointed a lot by guys who get a chance.

You have been out of the UFC that long. Once SF goes there won't be any other place to make a decent living in MMA. Go for it. Try. Show that you will do anything to stay in the UFC. Don't just ride it out and hope for a bad decision.

#17 ·
Jay looked exactly how he looked when he fought against GSP years ago. Didn't really notice a difference. He's gonna have a tough time in the coming fights...

#18 ·
I thought Jay won the 3rd and could have likely won the first two if he had pushed it a little more, it was a fight he was likely in better shape for and yet he allowed Ellenberger control the pace of the fight.

#23 ·
It was a poor fight. Not the worst we've seen recently but it wasn't even close to verging on exciting. They just went through the motions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.