MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Early reports: UFC 152 did 450.000 buys

View Single Post

Old 10-04-2012, 09:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
LL
Rough Sex and Banana Pudding

LL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianRClover View Post
This does three things in my opinion... proves there are just too many cards lately, REALLY proves how much more popular the larger weight classes are, and REALLY REALLY proves how well Chael Sonnen can sell a Pay Per View.

The UFC is first a business, and if they don't give Chael a shot at Jones after he beats Forrest, they're fools... it will be larger than UFC 100, I'm sure of it.
Silva/Sonnen II didn't even top UFC 100 and that had years of trash talk, the first fight and everything else going for it. The only thing that has a shot of topping that is Anderson/GSP or Jones/Silva.

Those numbers aren't bad, all things considered, Jones was fighting a middleweight and MMA fans have yet to embrace and probably won't embrace the lighter weights not to mention MMA is in a slight decline in the US so those numbers are alright with me.

9/27/14
LL is offline   Reply With Quote