MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Frankie Edgar says he could make 135 lbs

View Single Post

Old 10-04-2012, 11:32 AM   #19 (permalink)
Sports_Nerd
Featherweight

Sports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
Frankie lost to Bendo because he threw seven times as many feints as he did actual strikes. I think going down to 145 or even 135, he would have a lot more confidence in his power and would commit to his striking.

That being said, I still think Frankie will lose to Aldo. Aldo is just too dynamic. Incredible striking, nearly impossible to take down, power in droves, and he's fixed his cardio problem. It's going to take someone with unparalelled wrestling and a marble slab chin to beat Aldo, and I don't think that there is a guy right now, or in the next 5 years who can or will be able to even come close.

I think Edgar beats Cruz pretty convincingly. Cruz has never really impressed me and I think Faber would beat him if they ever fought again and I think Barao will take the belt.
Frankie put Penn, Maynard, and Bendo on their backs multiple times. There's no doubt in my mind he can take Aldo down. The question is what happens after that.
Sports_Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote