MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - What game(s) are you playing?

View Single Post

Old 10-04-2012, 12:29 PM   #1764 (permalink)
SideWays222
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
Well they say they moved away from the slow paced, horror gameplay because they way the direction of the story is going you need faster combat. Tons of soldiers, big fast mutant dudes, mass zombies, the slow plodding controls/gameplay wouldn't work.

However, I don't know why they didn't keep it simpler and stick with the survival horror gameplay. Look at Dead Space (the first one) as an example, or even ZombiU coming out soon.
Arnt they also creating the story line though??? It doesnt really seem like they have to change the game-play around. I think all that could have been gotten across even in the older gameplay. And then for really heavy stuff it could have been taken care of through cut-scenes.

I dont know... sounds to me like they felt this would appeal to the masses more and thats why they went with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitOrGetHit View Post
Yeah I agree. Although I didn't mind 4 and 5. I think the earlier ones blow these ones out of the water. These newer ones just don't give me that same feeling as the older ones did. RE2 is still be all time favorite by far.
I enjoyed RE4 alot. RE5 was fine because i was able to play co'op. But it did feel like a complete different game imo.
SideWays222 is offline   Reply With Quote