MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Charlie Brennenman released by UFC

View Single Post

Old 10-04-2012, 01:39 PM   #54 (permalink)
jonnyg4508
Ultra-weight

jonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings Systemjonnyg4508 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodenhead View Post
And people wonder why so many fighters fight safe/boring nowadays...

I won't miss him tho. lol

Well safe/boring got him cut. He had lost twice and was an exciting fighter he wouldn't of been cut. So I don't exactly see where it is smart to play the safe boring game.

But Brenneman just had little skill. He wasn't gong to develop any great striking. He was lucky to make it to the big leagues. He had to try and lay and pray because that was literally all he had.

He is what he is. He had to scratch and dig to get to the UFC. Perhaps he finds a BJJ game while he is away and wins several in a row and makes it back as that underdog again.

I agree fully with the UFC that an exciting fighter who puts it all out there should get a loss or 2 more leeway than a guy who is holding on for wins and sparks very little fan interest.

This thread right here is more excitement over Charlie than he has seen at any point in his UFC career.
jonnyg4508 is offline   Reply With Quote