MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Anderson Silva has no interest in fighting Jon Jones

View Single Post

Old 10-05-2012, 10:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
GrappleRetarded
Banned

GrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound GreatGrappleRetarded Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Anderson Silva has no interest in fighting Jon Jones

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/10/5...nes-wont-fight

Quote:
He may be fighting Stephan Bonnar at 205 pounds at UFC 153, but UFC Middleweight champion Anderson Silva says he refuses to fight UFC Light Heavyweight champ Jon Jones. Listen to the UFC 153 media conference call and hear the details.

UFC Middleweight champ Anderson Silva is fighting Stephan Bonnar at 205lbs at UFC 153, but he took the time to remind fans and media (and UFC president Dana White) that he remains disinterested in facing Light Heavyweight champ Jon Jones.

"There's always been a lot of talks about me moving up to 205, I know Dana has talked about it a lot, all the fans have talked a lot about me moving up and facing Jon Jones, but it's something I've never wanted.

"I won't be pretentious to say that I want to move up, especially because there's other guys in that weight class on our team like Rafael Feijao (Cavalcante), (Antonio Rogerio) Minotoro Nogueira, there's other guys that could potentially face Jon Jones in the future.

"I'm 37-years old and I feel like I need to be honest and to continue what I've built which is keep defending my belt at 185," said Silva.
It sounds to me as if Anderson isn't necessarily worried about losing to Jon Jones, but rather, worried about clashing with his fellow black house buddies some where down the line. Black House is one of those camps that seem to be quite tight and personal, so I can kind of understand that. But, Anderson could be talking a load of bollocks like he has done in the past. There was an interview with Andy where he claimed he didn't look for the finish against Thales Leites because he said that he didn't want to hurt him because they were friends. Thales Leites responded to Andersons comments by saying they were never friends and didn't really like each other.

Last edited by GrappleRetarded : 10-05-2012 at 10:35 AM.
GrappleRetarded is offline   Reply With Quote