MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Anderson Silva has no interest in fighting Jon Jones

View Single Post

Old 10-05-2012, 12:19 PM   #7 (permalink)
Servatose
Bantamweight

Servatose is on another level nowServatose is on another level nowServatose is on another level nowServatose is on another level nowServatose is on another level nowServatose is on another level nowServatose is on another level nowServatose is on another level nowServatose is on another level nowServatose is on another level nowServatose is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaci View Post
Anderson, just make drop down and fight the dude (GSP) in the weight class beneath you. That's brave.
No offense intended; but I never understood this reaction that a lot of people seem to have. In order to fight GSP at welter weight, he'd have to drop down to the allowed weight limit. There are physical restrictions to how much weight someone can put on in a 24 hour period of time.

I do think GSP is more favorable a matchup against Silva and is perhaps why he's more willing to make the drop, but logically, I see no difference. GSP would have plenty of time to put on any extra weight he wanted to supplement for the slight size difference one day of weight difference may allow.