MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Gi? No-Gi? BJJ beginner. Thanks.

View Single Post

Old 10-05-2012, 11:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
samuri649
MMA Fanatic

samuri649 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Gi? No-Gi? BJJ beginner. Thanks.

Hi guys i just started to train in a local MMA school and i have nearly no experience in martial art (well, i've trained for a few years in a WTF taekwondo mcdojo when i was a kid...). I have a problem in deciding whether to take up Gi or No-Gi BJJ as I am only available to one of them due to various reasons. These are my concerns:

1) I actually tend to work on my MMA game more and I'm not really that interested in BJJ, but i am conscious that it is an essential base for doing MMA.

2) I'm not tryna be badass but i expect to learn something that can protect me on the streets, which kind of BJJ do you guys think is more practical on the streets?

3)According to my simple research, it seems that there are quite a numbers of moves in Gi BJJ which are not usable in MMA, is that true? What about the No-Gi type then?

Lastly, I apologies if my English is not too good cuz it isnt my mouther tounge lol

Thanks a lot guys!

Cheers
samuri649 is offline   Reply With Quote