MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Charlie Brennenman released by UFC

View Single Post

Old 10-05-2012, 12:55 PM   #81 (permalink)
ClydebankBlitz
Megaweight

ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
I'm a fan of Erick Silva, but what's with his hype? He knocks out two scrubs and submits Brenneman, who was winning the fight up until being submitted? Brenneman took Silva down on multiple occasions. Fitch is a different animal than Brenneman, who has only lost to GSP and by flash KO to Johny Hendricks. There is no empirical evidence to suggest that Erick Silva is going to beat Fitch.
I like the hype because it's realistic. "Erick Silva will be champ some day" is what we hear. I hate when people push fighters above their line like they do with Weidman and Gus, but Silva is still being treated as a prospect and he's a great one at that.

People might have Silva over Fitch by the tools they use in the cage, and not by MMA math. Thats why I'd have him winning anyways.

MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner
VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote