MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Anderson Silva has no interest in fighting Jon Jones

View Single Post

Old 10-05-2012, 02:01 PM   #17 (permalink)
LL
Cruz Control

LL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLL Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
I've said it before, and it barley makes sense, but this is how I feel:-

Jon Jones doesnt deserve to beat Anderson Silva. In the cage, I think as the styles go I'd have Jones as my favourite going in. He's a 24 year old who looks like he could have a hall of fame career ahead of him. At the same time, Machida too looked as such when he was champion. Jones isn't really anywhere near the legacy as GSP or Anderson Silva. If GSP loses to Condit, he is still respected for his career. If Silva loses to Bonnar, likewise. If Jones loses to say Hendo, he becomes a complete fake. He just hasn't earned that stage of greatness, and to hand a guy that hasn't a fight against the greatest of all time, who's more than 10 years his senior and a weight class below, it seems like it's giving him a false legacy. Jones would take over as the greatest of all time despite not really having the same credits to his name right now.

Also, I'd just like to point out the hypocritical nature of half of the posts here. "Anderson shouldnt fight GSP, a guy a weight class below, he should fight Jones". So GSP shouldnt move up but Anderson should?

I want Anderson Vs GSP because it was a fight talked about for years, and not a flavour of the month thing. If someone said "16-0 Machida Vs Anderson", it would have been as big as Jones Vs Anderson would now. Maybe Jones loses down the line. Maybe Cormier smashes him. I just think that if someones going to beat him, it has to be a legend in their own rights, like GSP. Look at Fedor, he's lost so much respect because a guy like Bigfoot Silva beat him, and Silva went on to lose to Cormier and Cain. Jones will eventually move up to HW and probably with mixed success. If someone is to beat the GOAT, I think they should be in the running for the title even before the fight begins.
Are you really comparing Jones beating Anderson to BIGFOOT beating Fedor?

REALLY? Anderson Silva losing to Jon Jones would be equal to Fedor losing to BIGFOOT?!

That is the most asinine statement I've ever read on this forum. Jones is already one of the greatest fighters of all time and he's done it in a division that has been historically deep, from the days of Tito, Randy, Chuck, and Wanderlei to Rampage, Machida, Shogun, and Rashad, he's a dominant, defending UFC Champion whose smashed four former UFC Champs and he somehow doesn't 'deserve' to hand Anderson his first loss in the UFC? Who are any of us to say who 'deserves' to hand anyone a loss? These are two of the best of all time and whoever wins would win. Age shouldn't matter here, Anderson is still clearly a highly skilled fighter at 37.

I for one and I think a lot of people here wouldn't look at Anderson that much differently if he lost to Jones. They're so much closer in talent level than Fedor and Bigfoot were.
LL is offline   Reply With Quote