MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Anderson Silva has no interest in fighting Jon Jones

View Single Post

Old 10-05-2012, 01:19 PM   #21 (permalink)
ClydebankBlitz
Super Heavyweight

ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterl View Post
Size makes all the difference in both these fights and I'd hate for our first real "superfight" to be ruined by one guy (either Anderson or GSP depending on the match) simply being beaten on do to giving up to much size. I personally feel Jon is way to big for Anderson, and Anderson is way to big for GSP. The fights I want to see are Jones/JDS and Silva/Evans. Both would be much more level size wise. Especially if Jones comes into his fight at 230-240. As for GSP? Really don't care. Long lost interest in watching him fight. Just my opinion.
Silva/Evans is NOT a superfight. Superfights are basically put together but two champions fighting each other, and we need something soon because there has been so much talk and it needs to be backed up.

Silva/GSP, Silva/Jones, Jones/JDS. Those are pretty much the only REAL superfights. Edgar and Aldo is big but not quite on their level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutalKO View Post
..Yeah, just read the article off of MMAweekly. I think first, we must see how he fairs against Bonnar at 205. Because of Bonnar's good well-rounded striking, solid power and size, he does pose a considerable threat to Silva if he lands some strikes. If Anderson isn't impressive against Bonnar as he was with Forrest and Irvin, it's a clear he needs to stay at MW. Age 37 is not young in this sport. Anderson really has nothing more to prove. His highlights are some of the best ever. He knows Jones is the 205 now & future. He seems to want no part of it. I think if anybody can beat Jones now it would be Anderson. Imagine JBJ's skills in just a year from now. Anyway, Bonner has about a 5 inch reach advantage with the height as well. Anderson's timing is so sick, if Bonnar comes forward and eats a couple to get in a hard punch, he will get caught. I think Bonnar will have a good gameplan. If not, he'll swing for the fences and go out on his shield like a true MMA warrior...
An impressive win over Bonnar by Anderson doesnt prove anything, but an unimpressive one means A LOT.

MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner
VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote