MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Erick Silva, how good is that "kid" and can be beat GSP ?

View Single Post

Old 10-07-2012, 05:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Gustafsson Fan
Flyweight

Gustafsson Fan has much to be proud ofGustafsson Fan has much to be proud ofGustafsson Fan has much to be proud ofGustafsson Fan has much to be proud ofGustafsson Fan has much to be proud ofGustafsson Fan has much to be proud ofGustafsson Fan has much to be proud ofGustafsson Fan has much to be proud ofGustafsson Fan has much to be proud ofGustafsson Fan has much to be proud ofGustafsson Fan has much to be proud of
Erick Silva, how good is that "kid" and can be beat GSP ?

I was a bit surprised that he is 28 years old. I thought he was an upcomer like Jon Jones around age 23-25.

Erick has experience and should be around his peak then ?

How does Erick Silva match up to GSP in

- Standup
- Ground game
- Physique (stamina + strength)

My thoughts:

Standup: Ericks speed seems better than GSP while GSP seems to have more tools in the standup. Erick has powerful frequent kicks while I think GSP has better boxing. I score this category EVEN

Ground game: Ericks seems stronger than GSP in grappling, chokes etc while GSP has better takedown defence and takedowns (better balance). I score this category GSP

Physique: I think Erick Silva has the better pace throughout a long fight. I also think Erick has the better chin. I score this category for ERICK SILVA

Summary: I have Erick Silva vs George St Pierre a tie 1 - 1 - 1 in categories. What do you guys think about this possible future match up ?

Last edited by Gustafsson Fan : 10-07-2012 at 05:28 AM. Reason: layout fine tuning
Gustafsson Fan is offline   Reply With Quote