MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Erick Silva, how good is that "kid" and can be beat GSP ?

View Single Post

Old 10-07-2012, 04:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Gustafsson Fan
Flyweight

Gustafsson Fan is a name known to allGustafsson Fan is a name known to allGustafsson Fan is a name known to allGustafsson Fan is a name known to allGustafsson Fan is a name known to allGustafsson Fan is a name known to allGustafsson Fan is a name known to allGustafsson Fan is a name known to allGustafsson Fan is a name known to allGustafsson Fan is a name known to allGustafsson Fan is a name known to all
Erick Silva, how good is that "kid" and can be beat GSP ?

I was a bit surprised that he is 28 years old. I thought he was an upcomer like Jon Jones around age 23-25.

Erick has experience and should be around his peak then ?

How does Erick Silva match up to GSP in

- Standup
- Ground game
- Physique (stamina + strength)

My thoughts:

Standup: Ericks speed seems better than GSP while GSP seems to have more tools in the standup. Erick has powerful frequent kicks while I think GSP has better boxing. I score this category EVEN

Ground game: Ericks seems stronger than GSP in grappling, chokes etc while GSP has better takedown defence and takedowns (better balance). I score this category GSP

Physique: I think Erick Silva has the better pace throughout a long fight. I also think Erick has the better chin. I score this category for ERICK SILVA

Summary: I have Erick Silva vs George St Pierre a tie 1 - 1 - 1 in categories. What do you guys think about this possible future match up ?

Last edited by Gustafsson Fan : 10-07-2012 at 04:28 AM. Reason: layout fine tuning
Gustafsson Fan is offline   Reply With Quote