MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Erick Silva, how good is that "kid" and can be beat GSP ?

View Single Post

Old 10-07-2012, 07:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
Sports_Nerd
Featherweight

Sports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustafsson Fan View Post
I can assume by looking at his pace and posture in fights. I watched some of his old fights before UFC as well on youtube. Assuming is easy, knowing is hard. Why do not you tell me how you meisure this matchup yourself ?
Has it occurred to you that maybe GSP maintains the pace he does because he assumes his fights will go five rounds?

The fact is he dominates his opponents for five rounds at a time and never seems to gas. Cardio is, at worst, a wash.

As for the rest of the matchup - the striking is close, but irrelevant. GSP is the best MMA wrestler ever. if he wants to take the fight to the ground, it goes to the ground. Is Silva a good enough grappler to submit GSP off his back? Doubtful.
Sports_Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote